10 Free Dog Training Tips
- By Mary Green
Training a dog is about to get much easier, follow
the following tips to train your dog.
1. Always reward your animal for good behavior, this
encourages them to repeat the behavior, so also
remember not to reward bad behavior, as this will
also be repeated.
2. Do not use food as a reward, it is a basic need to
eat, drink, etc.
3. Only give orders to your dog if you will follow up
on them with reward or punishment.
4. Punishment should not include abuse of any kind,
this may only teach the dog to fear you, not respect
5. Be sure that you use the same commands and answers
for every action your dog does, each should have its
6. Use no to tell the dog that something is wrong,
and use a positive word to tell the dog he has done
7. You should make sure you are using the same
training as all others that interact with the dog,
this way there isn't any conflicting commands to
8. Try using one command at a time to start training,
such as sit, for a week, then speak the next, this
gives you time with each command to really let it
9. Start young, the younger the dog the easier it is
to train them, you can teach old dogs new tricks, it
just takes longer.
10. If your dog is not training well within a couple,
or is not showing any progress at all, make sure
there is nothing wrong with him by having his
physical done at the vets.
If you have found these tips to be helpful please
check out my Blog for more information on dog training.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mary_Green
Tips for Choosing a Dog
Five Mistakes New Puppy
How To Potty
Train Your Dog
Secrets of Dog
Training Professionals - Operant Conditioning
All images on this site © Sarah
Theophilus 1991-2007, no reproductions permitted.